Our General Terms and Conditions
The General Terms and Conditions for using this website, booking and attending our courses, or for the purchase of any and all vouchers via our website http://photoschools4u.com
Our Contact details:
136 Vaughan Road
Telephone – Mon-Fri 9am-5pm:
+44 (0) 203 195 7730.
Please Click Here.
The term GP1 or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website and is a trading name of Galactic Publishers Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, No: 07127719 whose registered office is 23 Butler Road Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 4DS.
The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to you as the user or viewer of our website.
All of the descriptions of the goods and services within this site are accurate to the best of our knowledge. We correct all errors as soon as we are aware of them.
Thank you for getting this far on our website. Please do not let these terms bamboozle you or put you off. They are reasonable and, we hope, understandable. They are far less onerous than the terms that govern other everyday online sites from which you might purchase goods and services quite readily.
As always, if you require clarification, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you do continue to look around our site or book onto ANY of our courses or workshops or buy any products then, it is taken that you are, by implication, agreeing to comply with and be bound by all of the following General Terms and Conditions of use, which govern our relationship with you in relation to all aspects of this website including the booking and ordering systems. If you disagree with any part of these General Terms and Conditions then please contact us.
The content of this website, in its entirety, including all texts, images, graphics and the course materials provided, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of GP1 Studios. You may not reproduce, republish, upload, distribute, post, re-deliver any part of this website’s content a,png with any course materials without the prior written consent of an authorised person from GP1 Studios.
Please note that as and when you buy any products, courses, or vouchers that are offered through our website please note that we DO NOT collect or retain any of your credit or debit card, or banking information. We do retain your name, address and a few other contact details.
When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as completing a booking form, or subscribing to our newsletter we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling in an online form.
All of the information that you provide to us will be kept confidential and it will all be used to provide you with ongoing support in your relationship with us. We may use this information from time to time in order to provide you with relevant information that we think would be of interest to you. We always give you the opportunity to opt out of the receipt of any marketing activities.
Please be assured that we do NOT share any of your data with any third parties. All of your data is stored on computers and servers and every endeavour will be taken to ensure that it is not accessible by any third parties at any time. However, there is always a risk of brute force server attacks taking place and though we continually up date our software, nothing is 100% secure. We will, though, act as soon as we know that such an attack has been undertaken. We cannot be held responsible for successful attacks on our servers resulting in the leaking and distribution of any personal data when we have protective provisions in place.
children and young people
We do not sell products for purchase by children or minors. This is as defined by English Law and ALL participants in any courses or workshops MUST be aged 18 or over. We ask that ALL participants aged 25 or younger bring a verifiable form of picture ID, such as a passport or driving licence, with them, when attending ANY of our courses or workshops.
Amendments to the conditions of sale and booking
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies and terms and conditions, including these General Terms and Conditions at any time.
You will be subject to the terms and conditions, policies and Conditions of Sale in force at the time that you book into any of our courses or workshops or buy any other product or voucher from us, unless any change to our General Terms and Conditions is required to be made by the law or government authority of England.
If any of these General Terms and Conditions are deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
If you breach these General Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these General Terms and Conditions.
Bookings, payments and cancellations
All payments MUST be made in full in order to secure your place on any course or workshop of your choice. Vouchers must also be FULLY paid for and then registered with us by the attendee.
Our cancellation of a course or workshop:
- If any courses or workshops are cancelled by us (in the event of an exceptional situation) a choice can be made by you between receiving a refund of the booking fee in full or the option of transferring to another date that will be given to you.
- We reserve the right to cancel a course if insufficient places are booked. Based on availability, you may be eligible to transfer to another course or session, or alternatively a full refund will be issued. Attendance on another course will be by our discretion.
- We ask that ALL participants adhere to the instructions of their tutor at ALL times. For example, we request that when attending a street photography course or workshop, NO pictures of children, the homeless and disadvantaged are NOT taken.
- Should any participants fail to adhere to the requests and instructions of their tutor then the participant WILL be required to leave the course or workshop with NO refund being made to them.
Your cancellation of a course or workshop:
- We will NOT refund you any of the course or workshop fees for cancellations made for any courses or workshops that last for a single day or less in length when we receive notice of the cancellation from you in writing less than 15 working days before the appointed date of the course or workshop but we will allow you to reschedule on a different date as and when a space becomes available.
- We will NOT refund you any of the course or workshop fees for cancellations made for any courses or workshops that last for a single day or less in length when we receive notice of the cancellation from you in writing less than 25 working days before the appointed date of the course or workshop but we will allow you to reschedule on a different date as and when a space becomes available.
- All deposits for all course, workshop and photography holidays, including ALL 1-2-1 courses or workshops, when required are non-refundable.
- The fees paid for ALL vouchers are non-refundable.
- If you wish to change a course or workshop to a DIFFERENT course or workshop then a management fee of £50.00 will be applied and need to be received by us before you attend the DIFFERENT course or workshop.
- If you wish to reschedule a 1-2-1 course or workshop then at least 15 working days before the course date (if you booked multiple dates the first date applies) a £100.00 fee will be levied for rescheduling the course or workshop.
- Early bird discount fees for ALL courses or workshops cannot be refunded.
- All vouchers are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to cancel a course or workshop at any time subject to the repayment of any enrolment fee and any fees received in respect of the course or workshop that has been cancelled.
- We reserve the right to cancel the enrolment in any course or workshop in case of non-payment of the full course fee when required.
- Booking a place on a course or workshop is ALWAYS on a first-come first-served basis. Places on ALL courses are limited so early booking is highly recommended.
- A place may be booked by phone by e.mail or verbally by giving us the name and date of the course or workshop that you wish to book and giving your full name, email, postal address and telephone number, or through our online system. But, your place is NOT secure until FULL PAYMENT is received by us.
- If you book by leaving a phone message, or by email, we will contact you as soon as possible to confirm if a place is available. A waiting list will operate for fully subscribed courses.
- Once a place is booked on a course or workshop then payment must be made within 3 days or the place will be released. A place is NOT confirmed until payment has been received.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque (payable to Galactic Publishers Limited), credit or debit card online using our payment system for your selected course or workshop.
- It is very important that all course or workshop participants arrive in good time. We ask that you arrive AT LEAST fifteen minutes before the published start time of your course or workshop. If you find yourself running late on the day of the course or workshop then please let us know. In deference to other participants on the same course or workshop we are unable to delay the start time by more than ten minutes.
- We provide protective equipment and advice for ALL of our courses or workshops that include the use of chemicals. It is your own choice as to whether you use any such protection or not. We CANNOT be held liable for any suffering caused when you use any such chemicals on any of our courses or workshops.
- You are responsible for your own safety when operating out and about on any of our courses and workshops. You MUST take care when walking and crossing roads or stepping out into traffic. You MUST also take care when operating in and around third parties and members of the public. We CANNOT be held responsible for you causing injury or damage to any such third party of member of the public.
Reputation is all to us and our photography school.
We have a strong and robust procedure for all disputes. It is a requirement that you give us time to resolve ALL disputes – according to our schedule outlined below – before you make any comments public, either verbally, in writing or via any social media.
If you have a dispute you are required to notify us in writing of any such dispute and we will then take the following action to bring the dispute to a speedy and satisfactory resolution.
- We will respond with an acknowledgement of your dispute.
- We will then investigate your dispute throughly.
- We will respond in thirty days from the date of the receipt of your written dispute with a resolution or a request for further time to investigate the dispute.
- After a maximum period of sixty days we will write to you with a conclusion of our investigation and offer a resolution to you.
- You will then be given a maximum time period of thirty days to respond to our proposed resolution.
- If you do not respond within the time period of thirty days the investigation will be closed with neither us or you being permitted to make the dispute or resolution known publicly either verbally or on any electronic or written format including ALL social media.
- If you accept our resolution we will then settle the dispute as outlined in our resolution letter with a period of ten working days of receiving notification of your acceptance of our resolution.
- The dispute will then be closed with neither us or you being permitted to make the dispute or resolution known publicly either verbally or on any electronic or written format including ALL social media.
- If you do not accept our resolution then you will have the right to take the dispute through the English legal system in order to reach a resolution that you deem to be appropriate to which we will be bound by.
Should this schedule be broken by you – including but not exclusively through the publication of the dispute or resolution known publicly either verbally or via any electronic or written format including ALL social media, then the resolution will be closed with an option for us to seek appropriate damages for any deemed loss.
Limitation of liability
IN ADDITION TO ALL OF THE ABOVE THERE ARE OTHER LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS ATTACHED TO OUR CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND ATTENDANCE ON ALL OF OUR COURSES OR WORKSHOPS.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, TO ANY PARTICIPANT IN ANY OF OUR COURSES OR WORKSHOPS OR THE EQUIPMENT OF ANY PARTICIPANT OR ATTENDEE ON ANY OF OUR COURSES OR WORKSHOPS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ATTENDING A COURSE OR WORKSHOP.
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED ANY FEES THAT YOU HAVE PAID TO US.
THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS TO ALL COURSES AND WORKSHOPS THAT WE RUN AND THAT ANY MAY PARTICIPATE IN.
THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND WILL SURVIVE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR ATTENDANCE ON A COURSE OR WORKSHOP.
ALTHOUGH CERTAIN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES YOU MUST NOTE THAT THE LISTED LIMITS OF LIABILITY ABOVE DO NOT AFFECT ANY OF YOUR OWN STATUTORY RIGHTS BUT AS SUCH THESE LIMITATIONS ALWAYS BE JUDGED BY AND ASCERTAINED UNDER ENGLISH LAW RATHER THAN BEING SUBJECT TO ANY OTHER NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL LAWS.
Please read the terms and conditions in full before making ANY payment to be sure of our refund policies and you full rights as defined by and under English Law.
Please contact us for clarification on any matter of these Terms and Conditions that constitute our formal contract with you.
Please, as always, contact us with any questions or queries.
Please also remember that we photograph for corporate clients, and personal clients. Please click here for details on our head shots service; or click here for our corporate service; or click here for our film and video services; or click here for our personal services, in order to view our other services.